Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy New Year!?

It's amazing how life can just take over and before you know it, it's Spring!  I started the year sick with a bad cold/sore throat :(  But I managed to suck it up to spend a long, fun weekend of coloring!

I took 4 classes with Sandy Allnock (3 at Scrampers in Torrance and 1 at the Red Lion Inn in Anaheim).  Sandy is SO talented - it was great to hear her stories, look at all of her artwork and watch her doing what she does best - coloring!  I was in awe of her technique!  I also had the good fortune to be able to join her and some of the other attendees for dinner one night.  Oh, and I also had to torture her with multiple selfies, because it's just what I do  :)







I also took the Coloring Flowers with Copics class with Marianne Walker in Anaheim.   Great to meet her and see several of my favorite Copic instructors - Debbie Olson, Colleen Schaan and Cindy Lawrence.  Sadly, selfies with Debbie, Colleen and Marianne are lost in the cloud somewhere, but somehow, my picture with Cindy was saved :)


I had just started to feel better when it was time to go on vacation to Walt Disney World.  I had a great time spending the week there with my mom!  I have to say that the Magic Bands and the 'My Disney Experience' app made vacation planning so much easier!  We went on every ride and parade/show we wanted to and hardly had to wait at all - it was awesome!









When I returned from vacation, I did manage to make a couple of birthday cards.


I fell in love with the super hero set that came out last "Stamptember" (collaboration between Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant), so when Mama Elephant came out with the sequel, I just *had* to get it!  What great fun to put this card together for my brother (and I couldn't resist adding a "little friend" as his sidekick).


This card was for my cousin's sister - I knew it was going to involve Mama Elephant's "In My Heart" and "Balloon Letters" sets and I had a vision in my mind, but like most creations, it came out differently than I envisioned.  I do like the way it came out :)

As always, I will try to be a little more active on my blog.

Cheers!

Lin  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs