Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sunset Plumerias

Hello my crafty friends!  I'm here to share with you a card I made for today's daily post on the CDD blog.

Here is the card that I made:




I started out by die cutting the flowers from watercolor paper using the Flowers in Bloom SVG Outline.  Then, I randomly placed the coordinating stamp on my MISTI, inked it up and stamped it on a piece of scratch paper:


Then I took the negative portion of the die cut and placed it around that stamped image so that it would have a perfect border:


Next, I placed the die inside the negative:


Then, I inked up the stamp again using Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder:


As you can see, it is a full-proof way to perfectly stamp onto a die cut!

Next, I watercolored the flowers using a wet on wet technique:


I then popped it all up on a kraft background to make my flowers pop and stamped my sentiment using Versamark and brown dye inks.

Here are all of the CDD products that I used:

Flowers in Bloom

Flowers in Bloom SVG Outline

Wishful Thoughts

Fancy Frame Dies
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda! When I saw your show stopping card on the CDD post, I came over to your blog to tell you how much I love it, and then I read your whole tutorial. THANK YOU! I have several stamp/die sets but hate using them because I can never get the stamp centered. This is so helpful! I have the MISTI, so I will be trying your technique soon.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Evelyn! Glad you found it helpful! This is one of my favorite techniques - works like a charm! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your awesome tips and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Maggie! Glad to help - every crafter can use some help, eh? :)

      Delete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs