Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Monochromatic Wreath with a Pop of Color!

It's time for another Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas!


Every other Monday marks the beginning of a new Linky Party and this week's theme is 'In The Garden' :)  We would love to see all of your beautiful projects that fit this fun theme!  So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Divas Blog.  Each Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!  The more times you link up, the more chances you have to win!

The sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x6" stamp set

One Digi Stamp of Choice

Here is the card that I created:





As always, I had all kinds of visions for a card using this cute little flower stamp from the Home Sweet Home stamp set, but a wreath was not one of them!  But over time, it evolved into a wreath - and a monochromatic one at that!  There's nothing I like more than a monochromatic card with a pop of color.  I Copic colored the flowers using R20, R22 and R24.  Coloring the leaves gray (N1, N3 and N5) were a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I do like the way it turned out.  I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut out the flowers and I fussy-cut the leaves with scissors.

Sticking with the monochromatic theme, I used a piece of polka dot vellum for the background and Versamark/silver embossing powder for the sentiment.

Here are all of the CDD products that I used:

Home Sweet Home

Build a Scene

Say it Big

Stitched in Circle Dies

Fancy Frame Dies
I hope you liked my card...

Cheers!

Lin :)

2 comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs