Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happy Birthday, Patty!

One of my oldest, dearest friends on the planet is Patty and today is her birthday!  Because she is also my crafting partner in crime, I wanted to make a special card.  So, I fiddled around with some ideas, but things were not really meshing for me.  So, I headed to the computer to get some ideas and came across the latest sketch for Freshly Made Sketches:

Here is the card that I created:


As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I would be using My Favorite Things "Blueprints 18" and some new ombre card stock I recently bought at Michael's (thanks to the great recommendation by Amber Kemp-Kerstel from Damask Love).  I started out by trying to use a circle, but it just wasn't working for me, so I ended up using Mama Elephant's "Tags a Lot" die set.  Threw in the beautiful flower/leaves from WPlus9's "Spring Bloom" set, the sentiment from Mama Elephant's "Happy Everything" set and striped background from Simon Says Stamp's "Diagonal Stripes" and voila!

Here is a collage of pictures that I posted on Instagram of the Birthday Girl!


Cheers!

Lin :)



1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the background stripes on the tag, and I love how you've arranged the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs