The challenge this week on CAS-ual Fridays' Blog is to create a Clean and Simple card using a sweet or a treat. How can I pass this up? Especially when the prize is oh so SWEET! The awesome prize package is from one of my favorite craft companies, PSA Essentials, home of the adorable Hello Kitty stamps I've recently purchased!
Here is the card I made:
I pulled out all my supplies for this one because I know that cupcakes will probably be the hot ticket in town and I needed to make my cupcake stand out! I decided early on to make it 3-dimensional, so I started experimenting with circles/scallops, but it just didn't pack enough punch, soooo, I decided to adhere the cupcake to the inside of the card, and build the circles/scallop above it. I used a border punch, stamped the background, and cut a circle in the middle. I then cut a couple more circles, in the purple cardstock and in the card itself, making sure that it will all line up in the end perfectly.
On to the cupcake! The cupcake is stamped twice (actually three times if you count the heart!), once each on lavender and brown cardstock. The bottom of the cupcake was embossed and shadowed with Copic markers. The top, was blinged up with 2 different glitters and gems, then, I cut a slit and inserted a diamond-glazed heart.
The final touches were to stamp/emboss the sentiment, and to balance things off, tie a piece of twine on top. Afterall, how can you not have twine on a card with a baked item, right?
I hope you like it!
Stamps: Happy Birthday Cupcakes, Magical Background (Hero Arts), Birthday Assortment (Stampendous)
Paper: Bazzil Basics, Chocolate Brown (DeNami Design), Amethyst (Sarabooks)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly (Memento)
Other: Circle Scissors (EK Success), Arch Lattice Border (Martha Stewart), Scallop Circle (Marvy), Impulsive Purple and Starfire Glitter (Sparkle N Sprinkle), Gems, Diamond Glaze (Judikins), Copic Markers (E23, E37), Embossing Powder (Judikins), Glue Pen, Twine
Cheers!
Lin :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Love this card! The cupcake looks adorable in that peek-a-boo circle, lovely colors too :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteLovely job with the window! So cute!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura