Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad & Baby Niko!

Today would have been my dad's 91st Birthday and it is also my baby cousin Niko's 1st Birthday! I guess it's fitting that I'm entering this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #9. The theme is "Krafts-men" and the challenge is to create a clean and simple masculine card using Kraft paper.


Here is the card I made:



I can't seem to get enough of this argyle pattern - can you tell?? I love it! I had to stamp the solid diamonds a couple of times across and used embossing powder each time to make it easier to color. Then I carefully colored them with copics, and stamped the dotted lines on top. I then added the border and the sentiment.

Stamps: 'A Little Argyle' (Papertrey Ink), Birthday Brackets (Stampendous)
Paper: Brown Kraft, Chocolate Brown, White (DeNami Design)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Misc: Copic Markers (E31, E23, E18), Open Scallop Edger (EK Success), Embossing Powder (Stamp LaJolla)


Cheers!

Lin :)

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love what you did with the argyle pattern. Great guy birthday card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Argyle in the shades of brown, such an eye-catching card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping with the argyle pattern!! I love how the colors and patterns enhanced the masculine look!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs