Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fabulous Frames - Denami Blog Hop

June gloom is in the air with such overcast weather outside - but today, I'm in the mood for some cheery and colorful cards! It's time again for another DeNami Blog Hop - gotta love these hops full of inspiration from some truly talented ladies!


If you're hopping along in order, you just came from a beautiful creation on Paulina Nakamura's blog and if you've gotten lost along the way, just head back over to the DeNami Design blog for the complete list of participants.

Here is the card I created:


I started out by choosing a fun patterned paper to use as the background behind the frame, then I chose some cardstock to go with it. I then pulled out my Nestabilities dies, colored/paper pieced the DeNami birthday cake stamp, added some embellishments and the rest is history! Oh! I almost forgot - can you see the dots on the frame? Once the frame was cut out, I ran it through my Big Shot one more time inside the Polka Dot Embossing folder - fun, huh? :)

I hope you like it!

Stamps: Birthday Cake (DeNami Design), Magical Background (Hero Arts)
Paper: White, Sky Blue, Magenta (DeNami Design), Chloe mini-floral (Three Bugs in a Rug)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Misc: Big Scalloped Squares SM (Nestabilities), Polka Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Copic Markers, Twine, Buttons


Don't forget that DeNami Design is giving away TWO gift certificates to lucky hoppers who comment along the way! Thank you for hopping by, your next stop, is Chrissie Tobias' blog.

Cheers!

Lin :)

34 comments:

  1. What a super cute and fun card!!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh pretty! Love the embossing, and those buttons are just the cutest finishing touch! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Not only is that cake adorable, I love the bakers twine on the edges! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card, Linda! Love the patterned papers you used, the addition of the twine and buttons, and you did a FABULOUS job using that Birthday Cake! Makes me want a slice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card!! Your Nestie frame is just adorable, and you chose the perfect papers for the pretty card. Your framed cake certainly takes center stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the papers and the embossing on the frame is so CLEVER! That cake is just YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable!! Fabulous job with the frame for that yummy cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done - like the embossed frame and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring! Love the way you used the buttons. Cute birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've got rain here so I know what you mean about the weather! Your card certainly brightens up the day though, lovely and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so so cute Lin!!! Love the cake and the fabulous DP! What a super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy cake! Love how you added the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you used the twine with the buttons. I've never seen it done like that before. That cake is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! I love the way that adorable image and papers go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card creation, Lin!

    I am now a follower of your blog. So nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and say hello!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute, love th mix of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute pretty peppy card Linda. The buttons and the patterned paper brought out the birthday cake so well. A job well done! I so wish I can come up with those ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card! I really love your use of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I love the patterned papers behind the cake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO cute! Great layout, and I just LOVE that twine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like the way you "framed" the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an adorable birthday card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lin this is SO cute! I love it! The PP that you chose is just perfect with the other colors! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that scalloped frame! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute! LOVE that embossed polka dotty frame and your patterned paper choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute! Love that cake stamp and the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colors and patterns on this card. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute! I have that same background paper and love seeing how someone else uses it...I'm inspired to get it out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great use of the frame. Love the cheery colors. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the height of the cake. It sticks up just perfectly. Michelle @ you are glowing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs