Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Let's Party

My sweet friend Lisa Petrella and I decided that we would both enter LawnFawnatics Challenge #1.  The quickest and easiest yes I've made as of late :)  I mean, what's not to love about Lawn Fawn, right?  :)  And I love to participate with other sweet crafty friends - especially one I get to spend a crafty weekend with in just a few short days - cannot wait!  :)


Here is the card that I created:


I recently went to the Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson and was lucky to have grabbed the last Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die, so this was my first attempt using it.  I have to say that although the die makes it a LOT easier than having to cut/score the box manually - it is still a labor of love!  I used several slightly older Lawn Fawn stamp sets and dies and a couple of different 6x6 plaid patterned paper packs.  I methodically added elements - starting with the grassy layers, added a couple of clouds,  and created and attached the banner. 

Next, I stamped and Copic colored the squirrel, bunny, balloons, birthday chickie and birthday cake.  Here is a close up of some of those elements:


For the box flaps, I cut a couple of the panels from the box die from coordinating plaid paper and adhered them.  Next, I die cut the white piece and stamped the sentiment.  Then added the other small images that I Copic colored.

I hope you like it...

Cheers!

Lin :)


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for your first pop-up box card, Lin!!! This is so super cute and totally fun! Still need to finish up my card---better get a move on it since the deadline is tomorrow---yikes! Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?!?! Oh well...great excuse to spend some time in the craft studio today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet pop-up design, Lin! Thank you for joining us for our first Lawn Fawnatics challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs