Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Love of Watercolors

I have been a little obsessed with watercolor for the past year or so - it started to intensify with Online Card Classes' Watercolors for Card Makers last May.  That's when I started to collect some watercolor supplies with a Koi set, the Peerless Watercolor papers, Inktense Pencils and the Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens.  But, I rarely played with them - I guess I was feeling a little intimidated by them.  Of course, when everyone started buying the Kuretake Gansai Tambi and the Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Pens, I refrained because I needed to use what I had first.

So, when I saw the announcement for the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop, I knew that now was my chance to play with my supplies!


I just received the beautiful Peony Scrolls set by Altenew, so I knew I would use this set, but what watercolor set do I use??  Well, I decided to use 3 of them - Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens and the Peerless Watercolor papers.

Here is my first creation:


On this card, I used the distress inks - I was relatively happy with it, but it seemed a little tedious compared to the result.

Here is my second creation:


I used the Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens on this card - at first I felt a little awkward because I didn't like when I laid down water and then tried to add the pigment.  I found that it worked better for me when I colored the bottoms of the petals and then added water.  I really love the way there are those dark bottoms - I think it added a lot of dimension.

And here is my third creation:


On this card, I used two different Peerless Watercolor papers - Arbutis Pink and Chrome Orange.  I really liked how these colors blended together!  This card seemed to take longer, maybe because I got the paper really wet and it just took longer to dry.  I didn't really want to use my heat tool to dry the water faster because once I got the blend just right, I didn't want to move the pigment around.

Now that I've dived into my watercolor supplies, I wonder how long it will take me to buy those other 2 sets?  :)

I hope you liked my cards!

Cheers!

Lin :)




15 comments:

  1. All three of your cards are so beautiful ..Your watercoloring is fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all. You got some fabulous shading and dimension even with the DIs (which I never can do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. You got some fabulous shading and dimension even with the DIs (which I never can do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all. You got some fabulous shading and dimension even with the DIs (which I never can do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is so eyecatching! Love simple cards that let the flower take center stage, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are quite beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are beautiful! Just the single bloom is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very simple and and elegant. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, lovely clean and simple cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. I love how your combined the different watercolor tools.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Simple elegance. Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - you DIVED in and did an AMAZING job on your watercoloring!! So awesome and just stunningly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love how simply elegant these are!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs