Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

New York City!

In June, I took an exciting trip to New York City with a couple of co-workers from our Huntsville, Alabama facility - what a fun city to explore in!  We did a lot of touristy things that that most people do while in NYC, like see the Statue of Liberty, watch Broadway Plays (Aladdin & Kinky Boots - both Tony Award winning awesome musicals!), go shopping (my faves were Tiffany & Co. and Macy's on 34th Street), and go to Central Park (my priority there was to see the John Lennon Memorial).  We also visited the recently opened September 11 Memorial and Museum (a thoughtfully designed museum that left me speechless and somber) and went on the 'Sex and the City' Tour, which was much fun!

Along the way, we had to figure out how to get around this big city and what fun we had trying!  We took a few taxis, we also walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, took the subway, took a Bicycle Cab and took a cruise ride around Manhattan.  But the one mode of transportation that we used most often was a Hop-on, Hop-off bus!  What a great investment - it went by all the main attractions and we used it every day!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our trip:









 When I returned from this trip, I wanted to send a card to the girls to thank them for the great time that I had!  So, I checked the current sketch on Freshly Made Sketches and found this:

Here is the card that I made:


I hope you like it...

Cheers!

Lin  :)




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip - one day I might make it across the world to New York :) This is a fabulous card - so appropriate. I'm sure your friends will love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And great use of the sketch! Looks like you had a fabulous time. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs