My little cousin, Bobby is (finally) marrying Andrea - yay!! Eons ago, I had them look through some books and magazines for a quilt pattern that they wanted. They selected the Califon pattern and fabric line from the July/August 2009 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine.
I was lucky enough to find enough yardage of the fabric line (thanks to Piecework Fabrics & eBay) to make the quilt. I just needed to find the time to actually make it!
Well, this past week, I finally pulled it all out and started working on it. During the weekday evenings, I was able to rotary cut all of the strips needed for the actual blocks:
And, during this no-plans weekend, I've been working pretty intensely on cutting out the squares and triangles:
And making as many of the two different types of quilt blocks as possible:
I'm more than half way done with the blocks!
By the end of the weekend, I hope to be 80% done with the blocks, then during the weekday evenings, I will finish them off. I have next weekend free too, so I hope to assemble the quilt with the sashing strips/squares, add the borders and piece together the backing. If all goes well, I'll still have about a month to find someone who can quilt it and attach the binding! No problem! haha
I may take a break later this afternoon to make some cards - I was soooo inspired by the beautiful creations I saw as I hopped along on the DeNami Design Blog Hop.
Cheers!
Lin :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment